Saturday, January 3, 2015

Divergent - by Veronica Roth


One choice can transform you...


Beatrice Prior's society is divided into five factions—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent)...

Beatrice must choose between staying with her Abnegation family and transferring factions. Her choice will shock her community and herself. But the newly christened Tris also has a secret, one she's determined to keep hidden, because in this world, what makes you different makes you dangerous. Supports the Common Core State Standards.



5 out of 5 stars

I've been trying to get around to reading this for a while. I picked it up in the store one time and read a few pages but it didn't capture my interest at all. Then I saw the movie and I enjoyed it so much I decided to give the book a try again. I got a beautiful hardcover copy for Christmas and read it in two days! I don't like books that are written in present tense (*cough* *cough* Hunger Games *cough* *cough*) but the plot and world/character development was so good in this book that I didn't care! I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about the world of DIVERGENT, especially the faction system and what happened in the world beyond futuristic Chicago. But, luckily, there are two more books to satisfy my curiosity! And FOUR! Omg, I'm going to start his book soon and I cannot wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment