Friday, October 17, 2014

TOAM: The Maze Runner

**TOAM: thoughts on a movie



Wow. That's all I can say at the moment... This was one intense movie. I mean, I've seen intense movies before but for some reason this one was different. Maybe it's because it involved the ultimate survival of children/teenagers. Now, don't think this is another rehashing of the Hunger Games. It's far from it, actually, and (in my opinion) way better. Instead of teenagers and children put together to kill each other, this is more about putting teenagers and children together to help each other survive. There are the one's that are more violent and one's that question leadership of course, but the effort these boys put into to keep each other alive is amazing. Another thing that astounded me were the words of wisdom that would come out of some of these teenage boys. Some of the things they said really made my mouth drop.

On another note. The movie is really very well made in all aspects; script, acting, cinematography, special effects. I feel like the movie industry is taking a step forward in their production of these kinds of movies. The mystery in it is also something to keep you on your toes. 

Overall, the whole movie kept me on the edge of my seat and I can't wait for the second one to come out next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment